People on Bicycles, Frocks on Bikes, Gosnells Bicycle User Group and everyone else! You are invited to join us for our second social ride, watch the sun go down and a BYO BBQ. Bring your bike lights to try out some night riding around Champion Lakes.
The nuts and bolts of our ride:
- We will meet at 5.30pm, Saturday 26 April at Champion Lakes BBQ area.
- We will be riding around the lake, a family friendly 5km. You can do as many laps as you like or just come for the BBQ and photos.
- Enter Champion Lakes via Lake Road and Regatta Boulevard and park on Dorney Esplanade near the BBQ area (or ride to the starting point).
- Bring Your Own (BYO) BBQ food, equipment or picnic to enjoy as the sun goes down. There is no charge to use the BBQ. BYO chairs as only limited seating is available.
- BYO bike, helmet and lights. Bring a friend if you wish. Bling up for a Glow Ride with as many lights as you like.
- This event is free!
About Champion Lakes:
Champion Lakes is in the foothills of Perth between Gosnells and Armadale. It was opened in 2007 and is now more established with grassed areas, BBQs, beaches and picnic areas. Attractive houses have been built in the new estate alongside the lake alongside the BBQ area.
There are generally so many events canoeing, rowing, dragon boat racing, going on at Champion Lakes each weekend it is a lovely place to walk or cycle around. The ‘Events Path’ around the perimeter of the Lake, the one closest to the water is 5km long.
About our social rides:
We’re inclusive and everyone is invited – male and female. We’re not forcing anyone to wear a frock, but we’d like you to wear something casual (read: non-lycra). Why? We are trying to get people into the idea that they don’t need to wear lycra to ride a bike. It is a social gathering and fun ride rather than a race. Non riders are also welcome as they can stay behind, cook on the BBQ, take photos and look after our gear while we are out riding. You never know they may end up wanting to get a bike themselves and start riding too one day.
An important disclaimer: This is an informal social ride, each participant’s safety is their own responsibility. The ride isn’t cordoned off, marked or sanctioned. All participants are required to wear helmets, follow road rules, ride with lights, take care, give way to pedestrians and other riders and overall be very lovely social people.
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday with many lights on!